Samsung mobile phones don’t have the best reputation among the consumers right now.

From being one of the pioneers of the industry, Samsung mobiles have become a health hazard for users off late, with their phones exploding while getting charged.

Amitabh Bachchan wants Samsung to fix his Galaxy Note 7, and he wants the company to fix it now. His phone just won’t charge beyond 60 per cent, he has called out to Samsung. Apparently, the superstar seems to have no clue, what in the world is going on with his Note 7. For if he did, Big B would have known better and returned the device to Samsung.

But, things are not that simple. The Note 7 is still not available for buying in India. Samsung India, in fact, never started selling the device here after multiple reports suggested that the Note 7 was in serious trouble and Samsung global was forced into issuing a global recall. “It is important to note that Samsung has not sold a single unit of Galaxy Note 7 in India so far,” a company spokesperson told India Today Online, well before Big B took to twitter to spill the beans.

T 2395 -I have Samsung Note 7. Battery charge restricted to 60%. When will it allow me to go 100 ? Mr Samsung please respond ! zara jaldi !

The Bollywood actor also posted a similar message on Facebook . Only, it was lengthier — because, your text is limited on Twitter while on Facebook there exists no such restriction — and a little more directed. Big B, while venting out his frustration at the Note 7, said the iPhone would proabably be a better choice for him, should Samsung not fix his phone. His update on Facebook read:

×

“FB 1495 — Dear Shri & Mr Samsung..!! I have Samsung Galaxy Note 7, and you have restricted my charging to 60%! When will you make it 100%..!! Zara jaldi…or should i throw it away the Samsung and go for iPhone..??”

Chances are, Big B purchased the device elsewhere and has been using it for an undisclosed period of time. Samsung, in the beginning of September, had rolled out a software patch (in Korea) that limits how much the Note 7 can be charged, in this case up to a maximum of 60 per cent. There have been some reports going around that suggest, the limit might just have been pushed further by Samsung – to 80 per cent – in some quarters. But, 60 per cent seems to be a standard, and that is what Big B is referring to, with respect to his own device. It must be understood that Samsung rolled out the patch as a temporary safety measure to allow users some time before they could actually return their device and wait for a replacement.

Clearly, Big B’s Note 7 is at risk. Ideally, he should have already returned the device to Samsung, but, since he hasn’t hopefully he will now. But, clearly he hasn’t bought it in India, as the Note 7, isn’t available for buying here, unless someone in the gray market was up and about doing his business and Big B fell prey.

Interestingly, Big B’s confession comes on the same day that the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) lifted the ban on the use of the Note 7 on-board an aircraft, provided the devices are purchased after September 15, 2016. The ban on use and carrying a powered up Note 7, purchased before the said date in commercial airplanes, meanwhile, stays put, the DGCA said.